Any independent (non-public) elementary and/or secondary school incorporated as a not-for-profit organization and operating in the state of Tennessee that complies with TAIS's standards for membership and embraces its mission is eligible to become a member of the Association. The standards for membership are:
- A school must have been in operation for three academic years
- A school must be accredited by one of the following: the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), or the Tennessee Department of Education
- A school must be classified as a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and the laws of Tennessee
- A school must maintain non-discriminatory policies
- A school that maintains non-discriminatory policies and meets two of the remaining three standards, and is in the process of meeting the third, may be granted Provisional membership in TAIS.
Directory of Member Schools
St. Peter's Episcopal School